- 31. 12. 2023
- All Day
BOClassic International New Year’s Eve Run
Table of Contents
BOClassic International New Year’s Eve Run in Bolzano, South Tyrol
The BOClassic International New Year’s Eve Run in Bolzano, South Tyrol, is one of the most exciting sporting events to end the year in the region. This unique New Year’s Eve run attracts thousands of runners from all over the world every year and offers both athletes and spectators an unforgettable experience.
The BOClassic takes place on December 31 each year in Bolzano, the picturesque capital of South Tyrol. The historic city center of Bolzano, with its cobblestone streets and charming traditional buildings, provides the perfect backdrop for this outstanding sporting event.
The BOClassic International New Year’s Eve Run in Bolzano, South Tyrol, finds its starting and finishing point at the picturesque Walther Square. This central square in Bolzano offers the perfect starting point for the various runs and creates an atmospheric backdrop for the event.
The route of the BOClassic International New Year’s Eve Run takes participants through some of the most famous and historic places in the city. It runs directly through the festive Christmas market of Bolzano, which decorates the old town of Bolzano during the Christmas season and spreads a special atmosphere. The runners run through the narrow streets of the historic old town and pass places worth seeing such as the famous fruit market, the historic Laubengasse, the town hall square and the station square. This itinerary allows participants to experience the rich culture and history of Bolzano up close while engaging in athletic activities.
One lap on the course of the “BOClassic International New Year’s Eve Run” is exactly 1,250 meters. Depending on the category and distance, runners must complete this lap 1 to 8 times to reach the finish line. This ensures that there are suitable distances for runners of all ability levels and promotes diversity among participants.
The event program on December 31 is tightly organized to ensure the smooth running of the races:
- 9.00-12.00: The race number distribution of the “BOCLASSIC International New Year’s Eve Run” will take place in the Race Office, which is located in the parish hall. Here participants can pick up their race numbers and information.
- 13.00: The just-for-fun run begins, where participants can choose to cover between 1.25 and 5 kilometers, which corresponds to 1 to 4 laps. This race is all about fun and allows runners of all ages to participate.
- 14.00 h: The BOclassic Ladurner Volkslauf starts and leads over a distance of 5 kilometers, which corresponds to 4 laps on the track. This race provides a great opportunity for amateurs to compete.
- 14.55: The BOclassic Raiffeisen Youth Cup starts and includes distances from 1.25 to 2.5 kilometers, which corresponds to 1 or 2 laps on the track. This race is aimed at young runners and promotes youth sports.
- 15:35: The BOclassic Elite women start their run over 5 kilometers, which corresponds to 4 laps on the track. This is an exciting competition at the highest level.
- 16.00: The highlight of the day will be the BOclassic Elite Men’s Run over 10 kilometers, which is equivalent to 8 laps of the course. In this race, world-class athletes compete against each other and provide the spectators with exciting moments.
- 16.45: Finally, the award ceremony of the elite races will take place, where the best runners who excelled in the elite categories will be honored.
The BOClassic International New Year’s Eve Run in Bolzano, South Tyrol, is thus not only a sporting highlight, but also a social event that brings the whole city to life and offers the perfect end to the old year.
The BOClassic International New Year’s Eve Run in Bolzano, South Tyrol, is undoubtedly one of the most exciting sporting events the region has to offer. With a breathtaking route through the picturesque city center of Bolzano, a variety of races for all ages and experience levels, and an entertaining program of events, this event is a must for runners and spectators who want to welcome the New Year in an active and joyful way. The BOClassic is not only a sporting event, but also an opportunity to experience the beauty and culture of South Tyrol and to share the joy of running with others.
Important note: Disclaimer – Italien.events is not the organizer of the events published here and therefore not responsible for program changes, cancellation of the event and possibly incorrect information. The editorial team of Italien.events always tries to provide detailed and accurate information. However, it is possible that events are changed and they were not updated in a timely manner. Detailed information about the dates, times and programs can be obtained directly from the organizer. Please check the organizer’s website or social media for updates before your trip!
Photos: © boclassic.it